Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL JACKSON



I was supposed to marry Michael you know.  When I was a little girl about five or six years old I wanted to marry him and made my marriage declaration to the whole family. 

I think we made a cute couple back then!

While obviously that never happened, my adoration and respect for the musician, artist, and dancer that was Michael Jackson never faded through the years, especially as I look back and realize that his musical genius influenced every decade of my life.

His gifts transcended time.
His talent transcended genre.
His creative genius surpassed standard.
His dancing went beyond the boundaries of gravity. 
His life was too brief.
His death was too soon.

I just watched This Is It a few days ago and I admit, I cried again. 

So on this anniversary of his untimely death on June 25, 2009, I thought I would share one favorite video (there are so very many favorites) for every decade of my life as a tribute to the memory of Michael Jackson whom I believe to be the greatest musical genius of my lifetime.


1964-1974 
Got To Be There

  

1975-1985
Shake Your Body Down To The Ground
 

1986-1996
Black or White
 

1997-2007
Wanna Be Starting Something (w/Akon) 
 

And one of my most favorite MJ
videos is: Will You Be There?



You and your gifts are missed 
Michael Jackson.
“And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.” ~Michael Jackson

~Solissea

No comments:

Post a Comment