Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thanks Living


Day #9
 Thanksgiving Day is a harvest festival celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada. Thanksgiving was a holiday to express thankfulness, gratitude, and appreciation to God, family and friends for which all have been blessed of material possessions and relationships. Traditionally, it has been a time to give thanks for a bountiful harvest. This holiday has since moved away from its religious roots. (Wikipedia)

While the majority of us are not agriculturalists since most of society is now urbanized, we still have a harvest of material possessions and relationships for which we should be mindful to be thankful for.  Do you have a car, a home, friends, family, a faith?  Then you have a harvest!

I am grateful for my family, extending to aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. all whom have colored my life in some wonderful capacity. 

I am grateful for my friends, both old and new, who have also added so much color and shape to my life through their uniqueness, loyalty and love.

I am grateful for my material possessions.

I am grateful for my faith in God which has kept and preserved me through some of the most trying times and is a constant source of strength and hope and joy.

What are you grateful for?  I love the holiday of Thanksgiving because it is a reminder that more than once a year we should practice an attitude of gratitude.  We should practice...



And now, for the Thanksgiving funny for Day #9:



No comments:

Post a Comment